See What Inspired The Beatles2014-04-30
Fifty years ago, The Beatles landed at JFK airport for their first U.S. visit. They made appearances on “The Ed Sullivan Show” singing such memorable hits as “I Saw Her Standing There” and “I Want to Hold Your Hand,” held their first live concert at the Washington Coliseum, and played two shows at Carnegie Hall. Their two-week visit created frenzy among American fans!
To learn the genesis of this love affair, true Beatles fans must head across the pond to the Fab Four’s birthplace of Liverpool, England. Major tour operator Collette’s 10-day England’s Treasurestour is the perfect trip for you to further appreciate these music icons.
Tour highlights include:
- Travel to the great port city of Liverpool. Enjoy a visit to the award-winning “Beatles Story” Museum as you learn about these famous “Merseysiders.” Spend time at the restored Albert Dock complex, exploring one of the many museums such as the Tate Liverpool Gallery, the Maritime Museum or International Slavery Museum.
- See the mysterious prehistoric formations at Stonehenge.
- Spend a full day exploring the magnificent Lake District, England’s most popular area of bucolic beauty.
- Stop in the ancient Roman town of Bath – renowned for more than 2,000 years for its spas and natural hot springs. Visit the Roman Baths Museum to see the elaborate spas, valued since Roman times for their curative properties.
- Visit Tintagel, believed to be the site of the original Camelot Castle.
- Tour the spectacular Lanhydrock, one of Cornwall’s most impressive estates, to explore some of its 50 rooms and its magnificent grounds.
- Visit the old town of Plymouth to see where the Mayflower Pilgrims set sail.
- Starting price: $2,149 land only, per person, double occupancy.To learn more, call 855-370-8687 or visit www.gocollette.com.