Discover Panama Beyond the Canal with Collette2014-05-27
An engineering marvel, the Panama Canal will celebrate the 100th anniversary of its opening on August 15th of this year. Beyond the canal’s impressive locks, there is the mountainous region of the Anton Valley to explore, vast biodiversity among its jungle forest and gardens to discover, and much needed relaxation available on the white sandy beaches of Buenaventura.
Explore all this and more starting at $1699* on Collette’s nine-day Discover Panama program.
Tour highlights include:
- Gamboa – Spend three relaxing nights in a deluxe river view room, complete with balcony and hammock, at the Gamboa Rainforest Resort. Take a trip by dugout canoe to an Emberá village to learn about their traditional indigenous culture.
- Anton Valley – In the mountains, nestled inside the second-largest volcanic crater in the world is the community of the Anton Valley. Visit its local handicraft markets and the El Nispero Zoo, home to a large selection of animals endemic to Panama.
- Playa Blanca – With accommodations at the JW Marriott Panama Golf & Beach Resort in Buenaventura, bask in a day of leisure with a choice of water adventures, a round of golf, spa treatments and more.
- Panama City – Visit the Panama Viejo Visitors’ Center and Cathedral Tower, a UNESCO World Heritage site, explore the ruins of the oldest Spanish settlement on the Pacific, and walk the cobblestoned streets of Casco Antiguo, the Old Quarter – another UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Panama Canal – Take a partial transit cruise through the canal aboard the Pacific Queen. Begin at the north end of Gaillard Cut, which was carved through the Continental Divide, pass through the Pedro Miguel and Miraflores locks, and see the Centennial Bridge and the Bridge of the Americas, the only roads crossing the Panama Canal.
To learn more, please visit www.gocollette.com or call 855-370-8687.
*Rates are land only, per person, double occupancy.