Crystal Cruises Kicks Off 25th Anniversary of Luxury Cruising with Itinerary Highlights & Special Celebrations2015-01-06
World’s Leading Luxury Cruise Line Marks Silver Milestone in 2015
with 20th World Cruise, More Maiden Calls, and Other Treats for Guests
Celebrating two and a half decades as a leader in luxury travel, Crystal Cruises is embarking upon a year of commemorative celebrations, cruises hosted by the company’s leadership – both past and present – plus much more. That is, more itineraries (63) sailing to more ports of call (224) in more countries (65), including more than double the number of maiden calls (24) in 2014.
Kicking off Crystal’s 25th Anniversary is the line’s first-ever circumnavigation of the globe. The 108-day, round-trip Miami “Silver Celebration World Cruise,” begins January 14, 2015 on Crystal Serenity and is the line’s 20th annual epic journey. Crystal Symphony begins 2015 immersed in a dazzling Asia series featuring Indonesia, Malaysia, Vietnam, China and Japan. In addition to the new and favorite highlights of the year’s global itineraries, new onboard entertainment and amenities, plus enriching experiences ashore punctuate travelers’ Crystal experiences in the coming year.
“A hallmark of Crystal’s philosophy for more than two decades has been to pioneer new programs, amenities, experiences and destinations, offering luxury travelers a truly unique journey each time they step aboard a Crystal ship,” says Crystal president and COO, Edie Rodriguez. “In 2015, we’re continuing that philosophy, pushing the limits and visiting new locales while celebrating the unchanging values that have made us the best in the world.”
Of the 224 ports scheduled in 65 countries, two dozen of them are brand new for Crystal ships. The line’s unprecedented calls include lesser-known locales like Albany, Australia; Ambodifotatra and Taolanaro, Madagascar; Arrecife, Canary Islands; Richards Bay, South Africa; Sanary-sur-Mer, France; Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic; Souda Bay/Chania, Greece; Aomori, Japan; Archangel, Korsakov and Solovetsky Islands, Russian Federation; Belawan, Indonesia; Rijeka, Croatia; Bodø, Narvik and Øye/Hjørundfjord, Norway; Helgoland, Germany; Londonderry/Greencastle and Galway, Ireland; Kochi, Japan; Sanya, China and Scarborough, Trinidad and Tobago.
On board, guests can revel in the celebration of Crystal’s 25th Anniversary with special parties and receptions and European voyages hosted by Rodriguez and the company’s Chairman Nōbuyoshi Kuzuya. Additionally, the festivities continue on four Trans-Atlantic, South America and Asia itineraries hosted by long beloved Crystal captains Glenn Edvardsen, Reidulf Maalen, Helge Brudvik and John Økland.
The lineup of festive occasions adds to the growing list of features guests can enjoy in 2015 both on board and ashore:
- Crystal Symphony Makeover: Crystal Symphony emerged from a $20 million-plus dry dock redesign in the fall, featuring a new outdoor Fitness Garden; new equipment in the indoor Fitness Center; new designs in the main lobby area and bar; redesigned spa and casino spaces; additional PURE allergy-friendly staterooms and technological upgrades.
- “My Life: The Music of Billy Joel.”: The newest show aboard Crystal Serenity pays tribute to Grammy Legend Award recipient and Songwriters Hall of Fame inductee, Billy Joel. Led by James Fox, who starred as the “The Piano Man” in the Broadway smash hit Movin Out, the 45 minute performance features more than a dozen timeless hits including “New York State of Mind”, “Uptown Girl”, “She’s Always a Woman to Me” and, of course, “Piano Man.” The Galaxy Orchestra and more of Crystal’s own acclaimed musicians, vocalists and dancers are featured alongside Fox.
- Late Risers’ Adventures: Crystal recently introduced a collection of shore-side excursions scheduled especially for travelers who don’t want to miss the adventures ashore – or their beauty sleep. The “Late Risers” excursion offer the same enriching experiences in the world’s most stunning and significant destinations, beginning at 11:00 a.m. or noon, depending on the itinerary.
- Sightseeing on the Run: In response to a growing active traveler quotient, guests can now see the sights – and maintain fitness — with Crystal’s new “Site Running” Adventures.
- Free Wi-Fi: Crystal Society members (our “club” of repeat guests) receive 60 minutes of complimentary internet access for every day of the cruise. For example, a 10-day cruise will offer 600 free minutes per person (or 1,200 free minutes per couple), a 12-day cruise offers 720 free minutes per person (or 1,440 free minutes per couple), a 14-day cruise offer 840 free minutes (or 1,680 free minutes per couple), etc., which can be used any time throughout the voyage.
Crystal Cruises is the world’s leading luxury cruise provider, having earned more “World’s Best” awards than any other cruise line, hotel, or resort in history.