Princess Cruises Expands Ocean Medallion™ Vacations to a New Continent and More Destinations within North America2017-06-27
Three More Princess Ships Join Fleet of Ocean Medallion Class Ships™, Will Provide New Level of Personalization for Enhanced Guest Experiences
Princess Cruises®, the world’s largest international premium cruise line, announced today that Golden Princess®, Crown Princess® and Ruby Princess® will be the next three ships to feature the Ocean Medallion™. The wearable device — powered by a first-of-its-kind interactive technology platform within the One Cruise Experience Access Network™ (O·C·E·A·N™) — enables a new level of personalization and delivers an enhanced guest experience not previously available in the global vacation industry.
Golden Princess (November 2018), Crown Princess (November 2018) and Ruby Princess (January 2019) join four other Princess ships scheduled to debut Ocean Medallion Vacations — Regal Princess® on November 13, 2017, followed by Royal Princess® on January 19, 2018, Caribbean Princess® on March 18, 2018 and Island Princess on May 16, 2018.
“With the addition of Golden Princess to the fleet of Medallion Class ships, we will make available a more personalized vacation to guests sailing in and around Australia,” said Jan Swartz, group president, Princess Cruises and Carnival Australia. “And, as we continue to enhance our ships with the Ocean Medallion, we do so to further our commitment in providing our guests the most memorable and relaxing vacation.”
Some distinctive sailing news on these ships for the 2018-2019 season includes:
- Golden Princess returns to Melbourne for a season sailing October 2018 to April 2019 with departures to South Pacific, Tasmania, South Australia and New Zealand
- Crown Princess will be Ocean Ready™ for the Fall 2018 Caribbean season. With this news, all Princess Cruises Caribbean cruisers will experience Ocean Medallion
- Ruby Princess sets sails from Los Angeles for a season of West Coast cruising
- Announced at CES 2017 in January, the Ocean Medallion goes well beyond the growing number of wearables used by theme parks and other vacation companies by leaving behind the required action of “tap” and ushering in a new paradigm for guest interactions.
The Ocean Medallion makes cruising more personal, immersive, simple and seamless than previously considered possible. At the heart of this personalized experience is the Ocean Medallion, which enables endless vacation possibilities.
The Ocean Medallion has no discernible technology – no on-off switch, no charging, no menu to navigate – and can be worn as a pendant, on a wristband, in a clip or simply placed in a pocket to reveal enhanced services and personalized experiences without guests having to push a button or take any action. The pre-cruise engagement will allow guests to provide preferences that detail their wants, needs and desires so their onboard experience can be personalized.
Pairing with the Medallion is the Ocean Compass™ – a digital concierge accessible by all guests using interactive displays throughout the ship, on stateroom TVs, via guests’ own smart devices or through a crew member.
For example, guests can find their way to venues around the ship; make reservations at the Lotus Spa®, specialty dining restaurants and for shore excursions; arrange celebrations; view and purchase photographs; learn about the destinations they will visit and activities at each port of call and more. The Ocean Compass will invite guests to experiences based on their individual needs, wants and desires.
Some of the initial service innovations include:
- Ocean Ready: Expedites embarkation as required information is added to the guest profile at home.
- Stateroom Access: The Ocean Medallion will unlock a guest’s stateroom door – replacing the key card.
- Here & Now™: Guests can place food and beverage orders and have them delivered to select locations.
- There & Then™: Guests can place select food and beverage orders and have them delivered to where they plan to be at a designated time.
- Ocean Navigate: Accessed through the Ocean Compass, guests can learn the whereabouts of their family as they enjoy activities throughout the ship and be guided seamlessly in finding their way around the ship. Friends and family will also be able to easily communicate with each other through a seamless messaging service.
More information about O·C·E·A·N is available at ocean.com
For additional information on Ocean Medallion vacations on Princess Cruises, please visit www.Princess.Com/Ocean.
Additional information about Princess Cruises is available through a professional travel agent, by calling 1-800-PRINCESS or by visiting the company’s website at princess.com.