Tour Spectacular South Africa with Collette Vacations2013-11-19
Cosmopolitan cities, posh resorts, expansive desert, magnificent wildlife and fertile wine country can all be yours to experience on the 13-day Spectacular South Africa tour with Collette Vacations. Collette experiences:
· A full day, open-air vehicle safari game drive in Kruger National Park, the largest game reserve in South Africa.
· Travel to Oudtshoorn, the ostrich capital of South Africa. Enjoy a guided tour of one of the oldest working ostrich farms in the area and, if you wish, go for a ride on one of these great birds!
· Spend three nights in the resort town of Knysna, which includes a visit to the Featherbed Nature Reserve. While there, take a lagoon cruise out to Knysna Heads before boarding a 4×4 vehicle for a ride deep into the forest.
· Visit Plettenberg Bay, a tranquil and charming town originally known as “Bahia Formosa” (or “Beautiful Bay.”) See views of beaches, dramatic rock formations and lagoons.
· Go to the Aloe Forex region where you’ll enjoy an aloe topping demonstration and a stroll in the indigenous gardens,
· A two-night stay at the Spier Hotel in Stellenbosch, located in the beautiful wine lands region. Savor a wine pairing dinner.
· In Cape Town, take a thrilling ride on a cable car as it whisks you to an altitude of more than 3,000 feet, landing atop the aptly named, and flat-topped, Table Mountain.
· Visit penguins at Boulder Beach.
· Explore the famous Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens, home to over 5,000 species of native plants.
· Make a special stop in the Milnerton Lighthouse.
· Learn the local beat from a lesson on Djembre Drums.
· Experience a soothing hand washing ceremony before a traditional African dining experience.
To learn more about this tour, visit www.collettevacations.com or call 855-370-8687.